Update August 2017 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Update June 2017 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Update January 2017 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Christmas Newsletter - December 2016 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart Sampson interviewed by Oli Spence on 16 October 2016
Roma church planting update - July 2016 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - March 2016 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - November 2015 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
email from Stewart during visit to Cape Town [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - October 2014 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - June 2014 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - February 2014 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's One Year Report - December 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - October 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - August 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - June 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - April 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - January 2013 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - November 2012 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Stewart's Mission Possible News - May 2012 [PDF opens in new window/tab]
Dear partner in the Gospel,
Grace and Peace unto you.
We trust you are well, ever serving our Lord with passion and fire. Through God's grace we are well and still rejoicing in His goodness. Well do we remember, when we wrote in our last news letter, that you will hear from us again when we will be on the field in Albania; well, we are still in Cape Town. We since reapply for a tourist visa in order for us to enter Albania. This visa, we were told, well be issued between 7 and 14 days; we are just about in the seventh day.
There are some frustrations in the air, I must admit. It is also very unlikely that we will be in time for the WEC Balkans Field Conference, 5th - 10th October; we are sad about this. Field Conferences are surely days of refreshing. Carol and I attended the SA WEC Field Conference here in Cape Town, was indeed a time of great refreshing.
However, our days here at home is being taken up with all kind of stuff, ranging from packing up books, getting rid of unwanted items, taking walks along the beach, visiting some elderly folk, and spending quality time in the presence of the Lord. It is also a good time for Carol and me to spend quality time together; we are enjoying this immensely. So our remaining days at home, before we officially leave the shores of South Africa, is being well spent. We are at peace, since we believe that God is in control of all these matters. Therefore, at a time ordained by Him, we will soon join the WEC Team in Albania; of this we are sure. In the mean time, please join us in prayer as we pray through the following:
- that we will rest in the Lord completely, and wait patiently on Him.
- Please continue to pray for the Albania Visas to be issued speedily.
- Please pray for the WEC Balkans Field Conference; for God's blessing and anointing to be on all the speakers.
- Pray for the mind of Christ to prevail in the business sessions as the leaders deliberate and pray for guidance and direction as to the way forward. Pray also for travelling mercies and protection as the teams will be travelling from far and near.
- Pray for Stewart and Carol; pray the Lord to continue filling us with His Holy Spirit; to the brim and overflowing: blessing many whom God will send on our path.
It is during our time of waiting on the Lord in prayer, that Lord led us through Psalm 86, the whole psalm is beautiful. The verse in particular that stood to us, duing our devotion, was verses 8 - 13: "Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds, you alone our God. Teach me your way, O Lord and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love towards me ...".
So today, dear friend, as we seek after Him in prayer, may we do so with an undivided heart and wholly commit ourselves to the lover of our soul, Jesus, the Son of God.
Stewart and Carol Sampson.
Dear partner in the Gospel,
Greetings to you, in that all prevailing name of Jesus Christ the King. We trust you are well.
Thank you for your prayers: God is answering, of this we can testify. Much has happened since our last new letter.
Items for Praise:
- Praise God with us for His sustaining grace in our lives.
- Praise God for His faithfulness, His provision.
- Praise God with us for the support and sterling work of the Albanian support team.
- Let us give thanks to the Lord for all the supporting churches that committed themselves to support us.
- Praise God with us for providing an apartment for us in Tirana. Thank God for the imput and help of the WEC team.
The time has arrived for us to leave family, friends and loved ones behind. Anxiety is stepping in, but not controlling us; emotions are running high, but we are not in despair. Are we excited? No, but we are committed.
Items for Prayer:
- It's been more than a week since we submitted our applications for our visas. Please pray with us for a speedy process, and for God's favour on our applications.
- Pray for our children and wider family. They are working through their own anxieties and emotions. Pray that the Lord will sustain them with His grace.
We share these prayer pointers with you because we believe that when we pray, God works. Thank you for standing with us in your prayers; we value and appreciate it very much. You will probably hear from us again, God willing, when we will be on the mission field in Albania.
Stewart and Carol Sampson.
NEWS FLASH!! We are now in receipt of our British visas - praise the Lord! However, the Albanian visa is delayed pending Albanian work permit being organised by Albanian Project.